No, I do not think South should bid game here, although he can make 5♠. I am posting this here, because beginners will make only 10 tricks. You always have to think twice and try to get a better result. I am also guilty of this mistake too often.
The lead is ♣K, which you take by ♣A with the conclusion that is was singleton. Consequently the clubs do not split and you lose one trick if you just play them. Moreover, it is too dangerous to make any finesse in spades. You are rewarded with a splitting trump suit. At that point, you should think on how to avoid the loser in clubs.
It is not difficult once you give the hand a little bit of thought. If the ♦A is with East, you get two discards in diamonds after East covers with the ♦A. Then ruff one club to establish the suit. If East does not cover, you have one loser less anyway.
♠ - ♥ - ♦ - ♣
No comments:
Post a Comment
High there! Looking forward to hear from you.